Capacity 2,200 - 3,000 lbs.
3-phase AC technology delivers high performance and increased energy efficiency
High flexibility through modular lift truck design and RFID technology
Ergonomic operator compartment with height adjustable operator controls
Optional lift truck warehouse navigation system for customized travel time to a specific destination
The EKS 208/308 order pickers offer high picking performance in high-rack warehouse applications. Both lift truck concepts are customized for their respective applications. With load capacities up to 2,200 lbs. and order picking heights up to 236 inches, the EKS 208 order picker is specially designed for flexibility in wide aisles. However, its narrow chassis size of just 35.5 inches in width offers maximum maneuverability in very narrow aisles as well. The EKS 308 with 3,000 lbs. load capacity and order picking heights up to 402 inches offers high throughput performance. Both order pickers set new standards in respect to flexibility, energy efficiency and ergonomics.
The Jungheinrich Warehouse Navigation system can be used with all rail or wire guided very narrow aisle lift trucks. Learn more about warehouse navigation here.
Efficient 3-phase AC technology
There are now more than 400,000 Jungheinrich-built forklifts with 3-phase AC technology in use world-wide. This level of experience and expertise is incorporated into our current motor and controller technology:
- High throughput and overall performance.
- Smooth, rapid aceleration during travel, lifting and lowering.
- Low power consumption.
- Effective thermal management.
- Reduced wear on forklift components.
- Reduced lift truck maintenance.
The EKS 208 order picker's modular design allows for enhanced flexibility:
- Large range of forklift chassis and cabin width options.
- Flexible operating console concept.
- Rigid mast.
- Optional mechanical rail guidance or wire guidance.
Energy management features
- Advanced energy and battery management results in longer runtime.
- Regenerative braking and load lowering provides double energy-saving benefits.
- Workplace lighting using energy-saving LED working lights.
- Activation of the LED spotlights upon reaching the pick-up destination (optional).
- Battery rollers for quick battery exchange.
Ergonomics and comfort
- Spacious operator platform.
- Low cabin platform height – only 9.7 inches.
- Ample headroom.
- Easy access to pallets during order picking.
- Outstanding field of vision through the mast.
- Height-adjustable operating console with generous storage space.
- Configurable membrane keyboard with numeric pad.
- Interactive display with programming keypad.
- Thumb-activated control.
Control system (CAN-Bus)
- All performance parameters can be adjusted to match specific application needs.
- Electronically-controlled drive wheel braking.
Ease of serviceability
- Quick and reliable truck operation using “teach-in” truck set-up principles.
- Remote diagnostics using a modem.
- 500 operating hours service interval.
RFID floor control (optional)
- Forklift location management by transponder technology.
- Continuous travel distance measurement for precise recognition of all warehouse areas.
- High flexibility of lift truck management functions (end of aisle recognition, lift/drive cut-outs, forklift speed reduction).
- Drive speeds can be customized to the specific warehouse layout.
Jungheinrich warehouse navigation system (optional)
- Links the EKS 208 order picker to a Warehouse Management System (WMS) using a radio data terminal and/or a scanner.
- Identification of the picking destinations within the narrow aisle through the lift truck controller.
- Automatic vertical and horizontal lift truck positioning.
- High degree of automation.
- Improved order-picking performance.
- Optimized lift truck movements.
- RFID location detection helps to eliminate picking errors.
- High flexibility of the order picker in the warehouse as the existing WMS can be modified to cater to warehouse modifications.
- Mechanical rail guidance.
- Wire guidance for precise forklift operation within the aisle without any mechanical stress on components.
- Workplace comfort package with LED internal cabin lighting, LED working lights and operator fan.
- Lift height pre-selection (height selection).
- Operator keypad access by PIN code.