HOUSTON (April 3, 2012) - Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc. (MCFA), a leading provider of forklifts in the United States, Mexico, Canada and Latin America, today introduced the new Jungheinrich® EKS 208/308 series of mid- to high-level order pickers. Offered in a range of configurations, the EKS 208/308 provides customers with the flexibility to choose the ideal voltage and capacity configuration for their specific application need, while also offering longer run times on one battery charge.
"With the new Jungheinrich EKS 208 and EKS 308 order pickers, customers now have the ability to choose the configuration that best meets their specific order picking needs,” said Ross VanderLaan, manager of corporate planning and product management at MCFA. “The narrow chassis design and high lift heights are just a few of the core features that make this product ideal for customers requiring exceptional picking performance in high-rack warehouse applications."
The enhanced EKS 208 order picker is now available in 24-volt and 48-volt configurations. The EKS 208, with load capacities up to 2,200 pounds, is specially designed to provide flexibility in very narrow and wide aisles, and its narrow chassis offers maximum maneuverability.
The EKS 308 is now available in a 24-volt, 36-volt and 48-volt electrical system, with load capacities up to 3,000 pounds. With order picking heights up to 402 inches, the EKS 308 lift truck offers high throughput performance and unmatched residual capacities in higher lift heights.
The EKS 208/308 order pickers come equipped with a host of features for increased performance and improved operator comfort. Additional options are also available to customize the forklift for the specific application.
- 3-phase AC technology: Operators will experience smooth, rapid acceleration during travel, lifting and lowering, which leads to high overall performance. An additional benefit is the decrease in downtime, because there is reduced wear on components and less maintenance of the forklift is required.
- Energy management: Due to the order picker’s advanced energy efficiencies and battery management, as well as regenerative braking and regenerative lowering, customers will experience longer lift truck runtime, resulting in greater productivity in their application. The use of LED lights for workplace lighting also saves energy.
- Ergonomics and comfort: Designed with operator comfort in mind, these order pickers are built with a spacious operator platform, low cabin platform height, ample headroom allowing the operator to maneuver comfortably throughout the shift and a height-adjustable operating console with generous storage space. Operators also have easy access to pallets while they are using the forklifts for order picking.
- Optional RFID Floor Control: The EKS 208/308 order picker's drive speeds and lift heights can be customized to the specific warehouse layout. The RFID floor control technology offers high flexibility for the various lift truck management functions, such as end of aisle recognition, lift/drive cut-outs and speed reduction. Other features associated with the RFID floor control option include truck location management by transponder technology and continuous travel distance measurement for precise recognition of all warehouse areas.
- Additional options: Mechanical rail guidance and wire guidance can be added for ease of order picking within the aisle. A workplace comfort package, which includes LED internal cabin lighting, LED working lights and an operator fan, is also available.
Try the Order Picking Solutions from Jungheinrich product selector tool as a guide to find the best forklift solution for your application. To find out more about the complete Jungheinrich North American lift truck product offering, visit http://www.jungheinrich-lift.com.
Leading Provider of Warehouse Product Solutions
Jungheinrich® ranks among the world's leading brands for material handling equipment, specializing in warehousing and narrow aisle forklifts. Through a manufacturing and distribution agreement with Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc. (MCFA), Jungheinrich lift trucks are distributed through MCFA's extensive dealer network in North America. MCFA also manufactures a number of Jungheinrich branded forklifts for distribution in the North American market. Jungheinrich's North American product offering includes electric counterbalanced forklifts, narrow aisle lift trucks and walkie products with capacities ranging from 2,000 to 15,400 pounds. For more information on Jungheinrich, please visit www.jungheinrich-lift.com, www.facebook.com/jungheinrichlift, www.twitter.com/jungheinrichna, www.youtube.com/jungheinrichamerica or call 1-877-JH-FORKS (1-877-543-6757).